Earlier this week fellow Sweat Pink Ambassador Lea over at Running With Ollie mentioned she was going to do a link up and asked us to show what was in your refrigerator. The good, the bad and the ugly ;). I decided to join in the fun and answer the age old question: When I read her post it just so happened to be grocery and food prep day. I’ve had a house guest this week, my 12 year old niece, so I knew I needed more than what is usually there! It’s no secret I recently moved and still getting into a daily routine so I’m lucky enough to get myself up and out of the house for work let alone stocking the shelves. Let’s take a look!
- Beverages: Santa Cruz Organic Peach Lemonade – love this stuff. I get it from Whole Foods and there are a ton of flavors. I tend to drink water (note the Smart Water bottle!) or green tea for the most part but when I want something just a little sweeter, it’s perfect. I am allergic to oranges so the OJ and juice boxes you see belong to the kid 😉
- Meats: For meal prep I buy packages of chicken breast tenders, salmon, and ground turkey. There are also Tilapia filets, fresh cilantro and shredded cabbage (fish tacos for dinner!)
- Vegetables: I am a creature of habit and make ground turkey, brown rice and quinoa red stuffed peppers which end up being lunch for several days. It’s easy peasy and I never tire of it! (well, not yet). I look for the biggest red peppers I can find! Also this week I purchased some veggie kabobs and will grill them and remove the sticks to keep as a quick side dish.
- Fruit: Strawberries and Mangoes are staples in my fridge. I will often eat them as is, in my protein shakes, or with a side of yogurt for dipping.
- I also picked up some fresh mint, brewed green tea and iced it. I’ve been drinking this for days!
On the inside shelf – nothing too fancy. I’m loving Zola Acai juice after I reviewed it some time ago. Skim milk for me and my protein shakes (2% for the kid), Annie’s dressings, condiments, whole grain pancake mix, creamer – never giving that up in my coffee so call it an indulgence, Sweet Red wine – indulgence #2 (notice the Disney bottle stopper!), Yuengling, and champagne :). So what’s in your fridge? Head on over to Lea’s blog to see what other bloggers have to say and join in the link up!!