“… Habit is what keeps you going.” ~ Jim Ryun
Saw this quote on Twitter this morning and it completely spoke to me. It is no secret I have taken many, many (did I say many?) days off from exercising. I’ve lost my workout mojo. It’s gone, kaput, left me for another. And like true love that never dies, I am determined to get it back (but not all obsessively and whatnot). Granted a lot of the rest I have given myself was much needed but now I’ve reached the point where it’s become habit that I spend my day at work and go home immediately to the couch. A quick 5k here and there hasn’t moved mountains for me. That motivation you need to have? I don’t. This so ends today!
Step 1 is having a goal in mind. My last post I introduced the Disney Princess Half in February as my next big race. I have 7 weeks to get my body in gear and back in to race shape.
Step 2 is documenting my steps to reach that goal. Since today marks Week 1, here is my training schedule to start:
- Monday – 3.5 mile run, and some core work
- Tuesday – 1 hour cross training session, lower bod focus (with my trainer who I’ve been ignoring, he I’m sure will be pleased to see me!)
- Wednesday – 4.5 mile run, more core work
- Thursday – Yooooooga (OM…)
- Friday – 1 hour cross training session, upper bod focus (2 training sessions in one week, woomp!)
- Saturday – Long run. Shooting for 6 ish miles (this # will go up gradually over the next 7 weeks)
- Sunday – REST!
Pretty sure I can do this. No, I know I can do this. No, no… I GOT this.
Welcome to Operation Get My Mojo Back! 🙂